A clean and well-designed testimonial template can turn potential customers into buyers. In fact, customers who interact with reviews or testimonials are 58% more likely to do a purchase.
Testimonials are one of the most important pieces of copy that you can write on your business website. If you use them wisely, you'll be able to increase your brand awareness and strengthen your bond with customers.
Do you want to create a testimonial page that inspires trust within your clients? Learn how to display customer testimonials effectively on your site with these 5 customer testimonials page examples and boost your sales.
Keep reading and discover:
- What is the definition of a testimonial template?
- Why do you need to build a testimony template on your website and how to manage customer feedback?
- What are the 5 best testimonial templates to use in your business in 2022?
What Is A Testimonial Template?
A testimonial template is a mold or pattern you can use to build testimonials for your business site. It has to provide a solution to a problem and go straight to the point: share a short and relatable success story to inspire your users and convince them to buy your product.
To increase conversions with testimonials you can also add happy customers reviews on your homepage or your product page. These are all different, effective practices, but it's crucial to create a space on your site to highlight your best customer testimonials.
A great testimonial page should have the following features:
- Clarity and accessibility: make sure that your testimonials are direct and useful. Add a picture of your client to enhance the authority of the review and create an emotional connection with the reader. Keep it simple. An easy-to-use testimonial page is what you need to convert new customers into paying customers.
- Consistency: if you ask the right questions, you’ll get the right answers. A testimonial page that drives sales depends not only on what your customers say about you but how they say it. Be logical with your text testimonials. Rather than asking your customers if they like your business, ask them what made them buy your product instead of your competitor's one.
- Emotions: choose reviews and opinions that connect with your target audience. If your buyer personas are B2B companies, pick the best testimonials from the same target group. This way, your potential customers will feel represented with a story that relates to them and their needs.
Why Do I Need A Customer Testimonial Page For My Business?
First impressions matter the most. When new customers visit your website, they should be able to know everything about your product or services. How can you convince them to rely on you?
A customer testimonial page is one of the best ways to show social proof on your site. This can help you build trust with your customers and increase website conversions.
Testimonials are easy to understand and accessible to everyone. Potential customers can get a clear overview of your client’s opinions by watching a short video, reading a quote, or a review on social media posts.
Testimonial pages are the ultimate word-of-mouth marketing tool to sell a product. Numbers don’t lie: 9 out of 10 people say they trust what a customer says about a business more than what that business says about itself.
In a nutshell, your prospective customers don’t want you to brag about yourself. They want to know what your current customers think about you.
Top 5 Testimonial Templates To Use In Your Business
Testimonials come in all shapes and sizes. There are multiple ways to implement them in your business website and to give voice to your customers.
We've compiled the 5 best templates for the following types of testimonials:
- Video testimonials
- Social media customer testimonials
- Quote testimonials
- Success story testimonials
- Long-form testimonials
Feel free to use them to improve your content strategy!
Testimonial videos are short and engaging multimedia productions where clients talk about their experience with a product or service.
They're generally more helpful and memorable to users than a plain text testimonial. 2 out of 3 people say they’d be more likely to purchase after watching a testimonial video demonstrating how a business, product, or service had helped another person like them.
Video Testimonials Template
Your customers are not professional actors, so don't expect them to follow a film script. Instead of sending them a fixed template, give them the freedom to express themselves.
Guide your customers through the following steps:
- [Tell us where and how you heard about our company]
- [Describe a specific time our company helped you]
- [Tell us about yourself, share a relevant personal story]
- [Describe our company in three words]
- [Show us the impact of our product with tangible results]
- [Would you recommend our service to other customers? If so, why?]
Social Media Customer Testimonials
Social media is one of the best channels to approach your prospective customers. Everyone's scrolling down their feeds in search of emotional and stimulating content. Why don't you use it to post testimonials and promote your business?
You can share testimonials in many forms of content on your social media profiles:
- Add customer testimonials in your posts
- Add content to Instagram or Facebook Stories with great testimonial examples
- Publish a video testimonial on IGTV
- Contact social media celebrities and boost your engagement with influencer testimonials
Numbers speak louder than words. 52% of brand discoveries come through social media.
Social Media Testimonials Template
Follow these tips to post testimonials on social media:
- Repurpose your reviews on social media. Use the same testimonials you have on your website. Publish the quote in your social media profiles and add a client's picture or a customized graphic in the background. Find some inspiration and stunning templates on platforms like Canva or Unsplash.
- Ask your customers for some feedback. Publish a testimonial example on your profile and tell your clients to follow the same structure. Make it a challenge for your community, add a hashtag and go viral with your customer's testimonials.
- Create and use a default template. If you want to keep the same format for all your testimonials, design a professional template.
“The first time I used [product or service] I knew I didn't want to try anything else. Every time I [activity] I usually find it tough to [challenge]. This [product or service] has been a life savior for me and I have improved my performance by [notable advantage].”
Customer quotes are very popular and easy-to-produce testimonials. These are short and honest personal recommendations from happy customers who love your brand.
People like quotes because they can get to know your company better after reading one or two sentences. To attract potential customers to buy your product, tell a story with your quote testimonials. Be specific and use a conversational tone: write the way you talk.
Quote Testimonials Template
To create an outstanding testimonial template, just ask your clients to share their thoughts on your service. Consider using these questions:
- Did the product meet your expectations?
- How would you rate it from 1to 10 and why?
- What did you like the most?
- What can you say about its benefits?
- Would you recommend the product to other customers?
These are all great questions that will give you genuine answers about the strengths and weaknesses of your business.
Success Story Testimonials
Success stories are remarkable testimonials because they show a customer's personal story from an unpleasant past to a promising future.
These are the famous “before” and “after” experiences, where people share their journey using a brand to embody their fight against all obstacles. Use them to illustrate step-by-step how you helped your client to reach their goals.
Success Story Testimonials Template
Coach Kat and Dr. Mimi is a family business run by a dynamic mother-daughter duo. They help people change their lives with a professional fitness and health program.
Kat and Mimi share clients’ testimonials and success stories on their site to show customer satisfaction. Take Patti’s story as an example of how to build a simple and compelling testimonial. All you need is:
- A “before” and “after” picture. Use as many pictures as you want. You can even create a gallery and show your customer's progress month by month.
- Show the benefit. How many kilos did your client lose? How much money did they save? Tell your potential customers how can you help them with quantitative data.
- Let your customer express himself/herself. Your clients need a space to tell their stories. Allow them to talk freely about their insecurities and the benefits your product or service brought to their lives.
Long-form testimonials are case studies used to describe a customer's experience in depth. They are highly effective because they display brand features in great detail.
These testimonials attract users' attention because they are long. That’s how the human brain works: when there’s a lot to say about a product is because it’s worth it.
Long-Form Testimonials Template
A long-form testimonial can be as short as 400 words and as long as 3000. Use your words wisely and follow a coherent structure.
1. Start with a hook. Write an eye-catching introduction.
“Did you know that [your client] increased their sales by [notable advantage] with [your product or service] in only 3 weeks? Here’s how”.
2. Talk about the client. Tell people who’s your customer and why they choose you.
“[Your client] is a company established in [year and place of birth]. They wanted to find a reliable platform to gain more customers without spending a fortune. That’s why they choose [your company]”.
3. Show the results in numbers. Stats are key to proving that your service works. You may want to use tables and graphs to show the progress.
“Before using [your product], [your client] gained about 5 new clients per week. Now, [your client] is acquiring [number of clients acquired] weekly using [your product]. Their sales have increased by [notable advantage]”.
4. Summarize. Write a conclusion paragraph.
“[Your product] gives you the chance to acquire more customers at an affordable price. Check our plans starting at [your product prize] and give it a try today!”
Testimonials are valuable pieces of content for your business. They are one of the most powerful forms of social proof your brand can have.
If you want to create effective testimonials, you should use testimonial templates that reflect your company's values and exalt what makes you unique.
Use the tips in this article to design great testimonials and turn your customer's personal recommendations into the best sales tool for your product or service.
Ready to design your logo? Get started with our logo maker!
Sam Shepler is the founder and CEO of Testimonial Hero. 150+ B2B revenue teams at Google, UiPath, Medallia, InsightSquared, and many others use Testimonial Hero to easily create customer videos that engage prospects, reduce friction in the sales cycle, and drive more revenue faster.