A logo for eCommerce businesses—do you really need one? Absolutely! Here’s why:
A logo can help establish the visual identity of your business and set it apart from other companies in your industry. More than that, eCommerce businesses need proper branding to build a solid online identity—a logo is a massive step in this direction.
Good branding allows you to build a connection with your target audience, potentially making them want to learn more about you and engage with you.
A relevant and unique logo for eCommerce business can elevate its appearance, but more importantly, it provides credibility—a critical attribute to have from the start.
Building your eCommerce brand can boost trust and reliability between you and potential customers, which is vital as they would be relying on you for efficient and convenient online purchases.
Once you manage to build a connection with your audience through effective branding, your job gets a whole lot easier.
A strong logo is one giant step that can help you get there, and with our AI-powered logo maker to assist you, your visual branding needs are pretty much set.
Before we get to that, here are some other steps you should take to make your eCommerce business stand out from the crowd.
How To Make Your eCommerce Business Stand Out
A logo for eCommerce businesses is essential, but there are other ways to stand out and make a good online impression.
Statistics show that there is an estimated 2.14 billion digital buyers globally in 2021. Rest assured, you’re working with a vast market with boundless opportunities. Amidst this pandemic, most transactions are happening online, giving eCommerce businesses a distinct edge of demand among consumers.
Brand marketing is essential, but here are other valuable tips to consider:
- Do extensive research on your competition
- Show potential customers why and how you are different
- Offer a vast and diverse selection of products
- Adapt and develop your products regularly
- Feature product ratings and reviews
- Dive into content marketing
- Provide excellent customer service at all times
- Have a charitable partnership or promotion and showcase the heart of your brand
- Have a strong logo and other solid branding elements
- Ensure that your interface is user-friendly
- Network your business as often as you can
- Reassure customers that your business is purely for their benefit and convenience
- Offer multiple payment channels and competitive prices for products and shipping
- Provide promos and discounts for special occasions and returning customers
- Promote your business on multiple social media channels
Above all, the best thing you can do for your eCommerce business is show customers that a purchase experience with you is better than having it with other brands. Offer them convenient, meaningful, and highly dependable services, and you can easily stand out and build a following of loyal customers.
These tips can help keep online users intrigued and stick around, but a good branding strategy boosts the professionalism and quality of your entity as a whole. A logo is like a visual pitch, and if it’s appealing enough, it can compel your audience to learn more about you.
Steps To Create A Logo For eCommerce Business
Here are six easy steps to get a logo for eCommerce businesses and ways to promote and market your brand with your new visual.
Step 1: Find A Great Name For Your Online Store
Your business name is more for your customers than it is for you. Decide on a name that oozes reliability and distinction, so much so that it would compel onlookers to learn more about your brand.
Consider using a eCommerce business name generator to provide you with a great and memorable name along with a beautiful logo to go with it.
All you have to do is input 1 to 3 relevant keywords that describe your business and optimize your preferences.
The tool will generate a ton of names along with potential logo ideas for you to choose from.
Step 2: Choose The Name You Like
Browse through the selection of names and choose the one you like the best. Don’t worry about the logo design just yet—you’ll soon get hundreds of different designs to choose from.
Here are some tips in choosing a great name for your eCommerce business:
- It should be unique and distinctive
- It should be relevant to your products
- It should be easy to pronounce and memorize
- It should be simple and recognizable
- It should reflect who you are as a business
Once you have chosen the right name, click ‘Ideas’ on the upper left of the page to check out hundreds of logo designs for it.
Step 3: Find The Perfect eCommerce Business Logo To Customize
Every logo you’ll find is customizable according to what you prefer. Find a design that is closest to your ideal logo for eCommerce business and click it to customize it. From here, you can modify its font, colors, icons, spacing— pretty much everything! Don’t stop until it’s perfect.
Here are some tips for when you customize a compelling logo for eCommerce businesses:
- Use one or two brand colors at most
- Choose the colors that best represent your business
- Use one or two fonts at most
- Consider sans serif fonts for their readability
- Avoid overcrowding the logo with too many elements
- Build a simple yet strong design
- Ensure that it looks memorable and professional
- Use an icon that best represents your business
Customization is essential because it allows you to make the design your own. You are in total control of its elements. Nobody knows your ideal logo as well as you do, and with a professional logo maker, you get to make your vision come alive in exactly the way you need it to. Customizing your logo for eCommerce business also helps it stand out from the competition.
These are the benefits of logo customization:
- Helps in standing out from competitors
- Allows you to tap into your creativity
- Achieves your ideal logo design
- Adds distinction and memorability
- Helps make brand-specific elements come alive
- Proves that the design is truly your own
Step 4: Finalize Your Logo
Once you’re happy with the design, go ahead and click ‘Preview’ to see how your new logo will look on various platforms and merchandise. You will also receive details about the font, color palette, business cards— whatever you need to get your eCommerce business running.
Now, you must choose a package before you can take your new logo home.
Step 5: Choose Your Logo Package
You have the option to either purchase a kit or a subscription plan depending on your preferences. You can get a subscription for as low as $5/month, which is a great deal if you are starting out and don’t want to make any major investments just yet.
You may also get a basic kit for as low as $20, allowing you to own your new logo and start using it as soon as possible.
Depending on the package, you can get:
- High resolution and Vector images
- A free domain name
- The option to edit your logo
- A social media kit
- A website builder
- Basic PNG files
- ...and so much more!
Check out the package plans to determine which would be the best for your business and its needs.
Step 7: Build Your eCommerce Business
Social media branding is an effective tool that allows you to promote your brand to the right audiences efficiently. In fact, Instagram is the perfect place to feature some of your products and build engagements. Instagram is the sixth most visited website globally—quite a big market, don’t you think?
Having successful social media engagements only happens when you have credibility, and a way to build credibility in your eCommerce business is to make your social media presence consistent.
A social media kit offers this consistency. With our packages you get ready-to-use files for all your social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Youtube, and Twitter so that you can get started in no time.
You'll also get access to a website builder, which gives you infinite possibilities for using it to boost your brand. Every business needs a website, especially one for eCommerce, and now you have one!
You can also use it for diving into other forms of promotion, such as creating blogs about your journey in starting an eCommerce business—providing tips and tricks to other people with the same aspirations while also building your brand.
According to a study from Hubspot, 80% of internet users interact with both social media and blogs. What are you waiting for? Get a social media kit and a website builder today!
10 Great Examples Of A Logo For eCommerce Businesses
Here are ten logo examples to get your creative juices flowing:
1. How unique is this icon? Show customers that your business has a united front— a commitment to providing them with anything they need.
2. A soft blue is an excellent color in a logo for eCommerce businesses— it signifies subtle professionalism with a tinge of calmness. A quiet determination, if you will!
3. Use an icon that represents human thinking and decision-making for your eCommerce business. It can signify your efficiency as a brand and that whatever customers think about, you’re there to provide.
4. Red is a valuable color in a logo for eCommerce businesses. Why? It’s pretty eye-catching! It also evokes strength and foundation. What better way to stand out?
5. You can never go wrong with a black and white logo. If you’re going to do this right, always go with the classics.
6. What about black and white with a relevant icon to boot? Now, you’ve got a winner!
7. Minimalist logos never go out of style. Throw in a distinctive color, and you’ve got a logo worth remembering.
8. Show customers that you’re always on the go and ready to provide them with their needs. A strong red backdrop and arrows for an icon definitely prove it!
9. It’s always a good idea to use dark and light colors that complement each other. Together, they emphasize and stand out essential elements.
10. Use an icon that shows customers that your business can give them one essential thing: fulfillment. Don’t checkmarks say that perfectly?
Building A Logo For eCommerce Business
A logo is the core of your visual branding needs because it builds a foundation between you and your audience. It shows that you care about your business enough to brand it properly from the start.
Compelling logos can ultimately set you apart from other businesses, and they can potentially tell users a story with a single glance.